Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Cleaning Supplies Around the House


I really like a clean house. A clean house makes me happy. A clean home feels welcoming to my family and friends. A clean house helps us to stay healthy. A clean house is easier to maintain.

One way that I am able to get housework done without it taking forever (especially in a 3 story house!) is to store needed cleaning supplies in or near the area where I will need them.


For example:

In each bathroom, I have a bathroom surface cleaner, a toilet cleaner, and a toilet bowl brush.

In the kitchen, I have surface spray, glass spray, and wood cleaning spray - these are the three cleaners that I need in order to do basic cleaning around the first floor.

I keep stain treatment spray in the girl's bathroom (near their bedroom and where I rinse their diapers) and in my laundry room (which is near our room) for spot treating stains on our clothes or stains that I don't notice until they show up in the laundry.

Having these cleaners where I need to use them, makes completing daily necessary chores much easier. It also makes cleaning up "uh-oh" messes much easier as the cleaning supplies that I need are close by.

** Tip ** We use this same method with toilet paper, kleenex, baby wipes, and paper towels. We purchase these items in bulk from Costco. We store most of them upstairs in our linen closet and the guest room closet - but we keep a small amount in bathrooms around the house, the kitchen, etc. - wherever we tend to use that product. This way when we run out, we can quickly replace it and restock the "extra" at a later time.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to have these cleaners throughout the house. Especially because you are like me and I love a clean house. When you have the cleaners at your disposal you are way more likely to get a lot more done. I'll surely be implementing this in my own home very soon.

    Bo Tolbert @ HJS Supply Company

    ReplyDelete