Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Frugal Shaving & Removing Corrosion from Steel


For the past two years I have been using a butterfly razor. It was a fairly sizable initial purchase to get the razor and 100 blades - but at this point I'm two years in and still have not needed to purchase anything else. By throwing away one blade every two-three weeks, I have also created very little waste while shaving! It's been both frugal and green! I highly recommend it!

After two years, there was some corrosion and rust starting to build up in the little nooks and crannies of the razor. I knew that those should be removed and wanted to find a safe and effective way to do so. This solution worked perfectly!

I placed the razor in a glass bowl and filled it to cover the razor with apple cider vinegar. The razor sat in the vinegar for 24 hours then I removed it and rinsed it off. It sparkled! I hadn't seen it looking so new and shiny since it was brand new. It was so simple and so frugal!

No comments:

Post a Comment