Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Homemade Cloth Wipes & Wipe Solution


Several months ago we dove into using cloth wipes....and haven't looked back since the first change! Since I was already washing diapers, it seemed silly to continue using disposable wipes. Meghan's skin LOVES the wipe solution and she seems to squirm and get upset less when I use cloth wipes over disposable.

With a very small financial investment we have enough wipes to rotate between cloth diaper wash loads. We love this!!


We purchased 36 baby washcloths on Amazon. (These ones.) I make wipe solution once a week, store it in a glass jar, and wet a stack of wipes and add them to an old wipes box as needed.

To make these wipes, mix the following ingredients:

2 T. melted coconut oil
2 T. baby soap (I use Dr. Bronners Baby Mild)
4 c. distilled water


The coconut oil is anti-bacterial and also softens baby's skin. The soap helps to clean, and the water is self-explanatory. I use distilled water because, from reading I have done, I understand that it is much less likely to develop mold.


I store the wipe solution in a quart ball jar. After each load of diaper laundry, I pour some solution into a bowl, press a small stack of washcloths (folded in half) into the mixture until saturated, wring out lightly, and place in an old wipes container.


After use, they just go right into the wet bag. They get washed with the diapers and dried with the inserts. It's so easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment