Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Dehydrating Basil

One of my favorite (and quickest) summer preservation tasks is preparing the basil that our family will need throughout the next year.

I simply cut off all the leaves, rinse them, and place them in my dehydrator. I run it for several hours on the lowest setting until all of the leaves are dry. Once they are, a quick spin through the food processor will create the dry basil spice for use all year long!

This process could easily be done with other herbs if you grow them, as well. Hopefully in the years to come, I will be able to learn to grow more herbs and make even more of our herbs!!


(Visible on the left side of this bed - basil THRIVES in the hot days of Kansas summers!! This makes it an easy first herb for us to preserve by ourselves!)

No comments:

Post a Comment