Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Cloth Diapers & Diaper Rash


Miss Meghan had some nasty diaper rashes a few months ago - she was teething and adding tons of new foods to her diet and the combination was just not good for her sweet skin. She was bright red, burned, and blistered. She cried at every diaper change. I tried several things to help her out, but the best treatment I found was the most simple.....

COCONUT OIL!

Yet another amazing use for this amazing oil!!

From reading I have done, coconut oil is safe for use in cloth diapers. And after using it for several months, we have not seen any ill-effects on our diapers.

It creates a great barrier on the skin preventing urine or poo from being able to sit up against the skin. It is incredibly moisturizing and helps burned and blistered skin to heal. It's anti-bacterial and anti-fungal so it will help fight off any nasties on baby's sensitive skin. It is AWESOME!

I now keep a small container of coconut oil in with my diapering supplies (I actually have about 4 T. coconut oil combined with 1 T. bentonite clay for an extra boost) and apply it liberally anytime I notice the slightest hint of red. It's worked wonders for my girl!!

3 comments:

  1. Coconut oil is my favorite thing for all skin related needs! I love the stuff. We used to use CJ's Butter diaper cream when we cloth diapered and I found myself using it for everything. I have some fractionated coconut oil that I use for everything now. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I haven't used fractionated coconut oil yet, but sure want to get some and start trying it!

      Delete
  2. Wow! To think coconut oil is a great treatment for diaper rash! I think I might try it too on my 1 year old daughter. Thanks!

    visit web link here

    ReplyDelete