Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Meghan's Quiet Book

I have always loved quiet books. And since Meghan attends church with us, we have been looking for ideas of things to help keep her entertained and quiet during the sermon. She is not yet mature enough to listen to the sermon so we need something to keep her busy.

I was talking to Cole about silent books and how cool I thought they were. But they were expensive. And sometimes had velcro (read: loud in the church!).

Cole had far more confidence in my ability to create a quiet book for Meghan than I did. But, I started looking at pictures, thinking of ideas, and planning for Meghan's quiet book.

The night I started, I told Cole that my goal was to have it complete by her second birthday.....and I had it done in 8 days. It was a fabulously fun experience!!

This book is completely silent. I have plans to make her a second book with zippers, clips, etc....she loves these fine motor tasks and I want her to have fun ways to practice them! But, they are not appropriate for playing with at church. I will be sure to share that book when it is finished, as well.

So, without further ado, here's Meghan's book:







1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete