Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Energy Bites


I found these yummy energy bites wonderful when Meghan was a little newborn! It was an easy way to pack some protein into my diet when I was tired ALL THE TIME. Every time that I fed her, day or night, I ate one of these to help maintain consistent protein levels since I was actively parenting all day and all night.

Now I make these during busy seasons or seasons of high stress. They are a wonderful little boost - and other supplements/seeds/etc. could easily be added in!

Homemade Energy Bites:



1 c. dry oatmeal
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. ground flax seed
1/3 c. honey
1 t. vanilla extract


Mix together, shape into small balls, refrigerate.

(While I was nursing, I would add in additional supplements to help my milk supply such as Brewers Yeast. That combined with the oatmeal is what I credit with allowing me to pump for her as long as I was able

No comments:

Post a Comment