I love preparing up beans and canning them! Canned beans are so convenient on busy days - using this method we can eat properly prepared beans and save money (as compared to purchasing canned beans). Love it!!
- Decide how many pints or quarts of beans you’d like to can. About 1/2 cup of beans will fill a pint jar (this is the equivalent of one can of store bought beans).
- Measure and soak the beans for 12 or more hours.
- Fill each jar 1/3-1/2 of the way full. If you want salt in your beans (we sometimes do) add 1/2 t. of salt to each jar.
- Prepare for canning: boil lids and prepare your pressure canner according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Boil some water and fill the jars with boiling water, leaving one inch of headspace, adding a lid and ring, and then load them into your pressure canner.
- Follow the instructions for your canner and process pints for 75 minutes or quarts for 90 minutes at 10 lbs of pressure.
- After the time is finished, allow the pressure to reduce completely, move the jars to a towel on the counter, and allow to cool and seal. Once jars are sealed, store them away for later :)