Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Mom's Chili

This recipe, unlike many chili recipes, is not hot. But it is warm and comforting to eat on cold winter nights!

Mix in a large stock pot:
1 lb. hamburger
1 large can tomato juice
2 cans great northern beans (or, and I recommend, soaked and cooked at home)
2 cans sliced new potatoes (or home sliced)
1 T. onion powder
1 t. chili powder

Simply mix the ingredients together and serve warm - Cole loves this with some cheddar cheese and oyster crackers (I go with just the cheese).

Depending on where you live, serve with cinnamon rolls or cornbread - my mom serves it with both. We were a military family and grew up with chili and cornbread, but my brothers who spent their childhood's in Kansas like it with cinnamon rolls like their friends. Cole, who also grew up in Kansas, eats chili with cinnamon rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment