Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dehydrating Produce


Dehydrated produce makes a quick and easy snack food. It's also an excellent way to preserve a bounty of produce when it is able to be purchased at an excellent price.
We have an American Harvest dehydrator that my hubby bought me for our first Christmas together - before we had even begun our natural foods journey. It sees very consistent use at our home. I know there are several good dehydrators on the market and they are available in a variety of price ranges.
One of my favorite resources for dehydrating produce is this site. It gives incredibly easy to follow directions for almost any fruit you could want to dehydrate.
This is also another great resource for how to make fruit leathers out of fruit. I haven't tried this yet, but it seems like it would make a very easy on-the-go snack and would be especially fun for little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment